- the Conference and Digital Format of the Conference
- the Conference websites (including www.productcamp.eu) and their related subdomains including those pertaining to registration for attendance at the Conference and to be a volunteer at the Conference (collectively “websites”);
- the Conference apps and the web-app;
- online surveys relating to the Conference;
- messages sent via the Conference support portal; and
- the Conference official social media channels.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When we provide the Services, we collect and receive information in several different ways. In many cases, you choose what information to provide, although some information is required for us to provide you the Services.
2.1 Directly from you, or approved by third parties.
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third party source.
- Attendee registration information. When you register to attend a Conference, you must provide us with basic information such as name, email address, telephone number. We also give you the option to provide additional information.
- Volunteer registration information. When you register to volunteer at a Conference, you must provide us with basic information such as name, email address, telephone number. We also give you the option to provide additional information.
- Conference survey responses. We may ask you to participate in optional surveys regarding your experience at the Conference in order to help us improve the event and for related commercial purposes.
- Attendee Support customer messaging software. So that we may provide customer services and respond to and resolve any enquiries or complaints.
2.2 From your browser or device.
We automatically collect certain information from your browser or device when you use certain Services or read a message from us.
For example, we collect:
- data regarding the device you are using, such as its unique identifier and operating system; logs will be recorded by our servers based on the information sent from your app or browser;
- information automatically as you navigate through our websites using cookies and other tracking technologies. (Information collected automatically may include usage details, email address, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies).
2.3 From public sources.
We also collect publicly available information from your social media accounts.
2.4 Partner and Speaker participation
If you choose to apply to join us as a Partner or Speaker you will complete an application including your name and contact details and any other information necessary to review and to get in touch with you.
If your application is successful, you will be asked to share more Personal Data in order for you to participate in our event, for example to complete your Speaker profile. The amount of information you share depends on your participation but generally includes your name and email address.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information in order to provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services, including:
3.1 Providing and improving the requested Services.
We use your personal information as necessary to run the Conference, such as to register attendees, issue tickets, facilitate information sharing with partners with whom you have consented for us to share information, and provide you with relevant connections and content during the Conference based on this information.
3.2 Communicating with you.
We use your personal information to contact you regarding your registration to attend, volunteer or speak at a Conference, to notify you of any changes to our policies and practices, for commercial, sales or investment purposes, and to respond to any requests or inquiries you may submit to us. If you subscribe to marketing, such as newsletters, we will use your information as described below. To opt out of our newsletters, please click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of marketing emails from us or alternatively email us via the contact info below. We may collect information from these communications to improve our Services and for the training and development of our staff.
If you opt-in to receiving marketing communications from us, we will use your personal information for outreach and marketing, such as to send you information about our future Events and to exhibit attending companies. You can opt-out of these communications by using the unsubscribe links in our communications. We may also use your information in order to market the Events. For example, we sometimes use your image in our published list of Events attendees. If you want to object to this use, please contact us here via the contact details at the bottom of this page.
Cookies & Web Beacons.
We may use information from beacons and cookies collected from your use of our website to target your online activity, browser or apps, with certain advertisements. We may also use these tools to determine the popularity of certain content or advertisements on our website.
3.5 Third-Party Tracking.
We may use third party tools such as Facebook Advertising, Facebook Pixel Remarketing, LinkedIn Insight Tag, and Google’s remarketing technology. These tools allow us to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. The collected data remains anonymous and we cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
3.7 Combining your data for personalised direct marketing.
To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your personal data gathered across our cookies, form submissions, chat functionality on our websites, for example when you request to receive email communications from us . In order to do this we also combine the data that we collect directly from you with data that we obtain from third parties to whom you have given your consent to pass that data onto us. These third parties include Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter. If that combination permits you to be identified, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data for as long as it is combined.
4. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
- when necessary to perform the Terms and Conditions or to provide you with the Services;
- where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
- when necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- when necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of an emergency;
- where you have made the information manifestly public;
- where necessary in the public interest; and
- where necessary for the purposes of our, your, or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of partners or other attendees or volunteers.
5. OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
As indicated above, in certain cases we use your information where necessary to pursue our, your and others’ legitimate interests, including where necessary to:
- Keep the Services safe and secure. We use your information as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, or those of our attendees, our volunteers or our partners in ensuring the Conference is a safe and secure event, such as enforcing our Terms and Conditions. We also act in the legitimate interests of these parties with respect to our Conference website and other Services, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
- Provide, develop and improve the Services. We process your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in improving the Conference and our other Services, such as our Conference websites and apps.
- Market the Services. We process your information in accordance with our legitimate interests of marketing the Conference and the Services to you.
6. SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
7. DATA RETENTION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We strive to use appropriate technical and organisational skills to protect your personal information. Despite these measures, the Internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed.
9. HOW CAN YOU STOP THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA BELONGING TO YOU FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails.
- Email us at the contact details at the bottom of this page.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.